As with any medical or cosmetic procedure, Laser Hair Removal does carry the risk of side effects, however many believe that the effectiveness outweighs any potential downside. Though there is no guarantee that all hair will be eliminated permanently, usually any returning follicles produce hair that is lighter in color and more finely textured – therefore less noticeable.
Common Laser Hair Removal Risks that cause temporary problems following the procedure:
1. Irritation on the treated skin – Some light scabbing or blistering can occur, but generally heals within a few days.
2. Changes in color of the treated skin – The pigment of the skin can be temporarily impacted, showing up several shades darker or lighter for a period. It is very uncommon for this to become a permanent change.
3. Mild pain – Occasionally, some individuals feel pain during and/or after the procedure, however your practitioner wants you to be comfortable, so discuss your options. Usually, a mild anesthetic is available during laser hair removal, and post-procedure pain can be treated with over-the-counter or prescribed medications.
4. Redness and swelling on the treated skin – This is common, and can be easily controlled with icepacks to relieve the trauma to the area. Your practitioner will provide you with comprehensive instructions for post-procedure care, which will include treatment for these symptoms.
You can reduce the risk of some side effects by properly preparing for each session of your laser hair removal treatments.
1. First, make your treatment specialist aware of any medical conditions you are experiencing.
2. Second, the process is most effective and there is the lowest risk of complications when you ensure that your skin is at its lightest possible shade. Therefore, staying out of the sun for several weeks leading up to your treatments is a must for best results and minimal discomfort.
3. Finally, be sure that the area of skin that will be involved in the therapy is clean and free of makeup, lotions, and similar.
If you would like to write a review please fill in the form below. For questions please be specific. If asking a question on merchandise, please give as much information as possible. Such as the brand, make, model, where purchased, etc.